- In a pot over low heat, soften the onion, squash, and garlic in the oil for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a hand blender, purée the mixture until smooth. Add broth, as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spices.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat, brown the shrimp and shallot in the oil. Add the spices, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the Cajun shrimp. Sprinkle with the pecans.