Mashed Cauliflower with Chickpeas
- In a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water, combine the cauliflower, chickpeas, onion, and garlic. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. In a food processor, purée the vegetables with the remaining ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat the honey for about 2 minutes over medium heat. Add the demi-glace sauce and bring to a boil. Keep warm.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °C).
- In a mortar, crush the spices and add the garlic. Coat the liver steaks with the spice mixture.
- In a large non-stick skillet, brown the liver in the oil on each side. Continue baking for about 5 minutes or until the desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with the sauce. Serve with the mashed cauliflower with chickpeas and a green vegetable of your choice.
This portion of liver is more than half of the daily iron needs of a woman and a little more for those of a man. Farewell anemia!