- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, grind the oats into powder.
- In a bowl, combine the oat powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, and oil with a wooden spoon. Add the egg and combine until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients and chocolate. Chill the dough for 1 hour.
- With a small ice cream scoop, make 30 ml (2 tablespoons) balls of dough. Place about 12 balls per baking sheet.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned all around. They will still be very soft in the centre. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
This recipe contains three times more fiber than regular chewy chocolate chip cookies!