- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, cream the butter with the icing sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. On low speed, add the flour and mix until the dough just begins to form. With your fingertips, press the dough onto the bottom of a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with a removable bottom. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let cool completely. Unmould onto a serving plate.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberries, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of sugar and the lemon zest. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream, cheese, and remaining sugar with an electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the cookie, slightly deepening the centre. Top with the strawberry mixture. Store in the refrigerator.