- Line a 2-litres (8 cups) metal bowl with plastic wrap and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and spread the mango sorbet in an even layer up to the edge of the bowl. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream on the mango sorbet the same way. Refreeze for 15 minutes. Fill with the raspberry sorbet. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven’s broiler. Freeze an oven-safe serving platter.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar while beating. Continue to beat for 2 to 3 minutes, until the meringue forms very firm peaks.
- Remove from the bowl and place the dessert on the cooled platter. Top with the meringue and brown under the broiler. Slice and serve.
A good tip: For a more uniform colour, brown the meringue with a blowtorch, as you would for a crème brûlée.
Other flavour combos that you can use to make a baked Alaska:
Chocolate ice cream - Cherry sorbet - Vanilla ice cream
Coconut Sorbet - Strawberry ice cream - Pineapple sorbet
Caramel Ice Cream - Banana Sorbet - Chocolate Ice Cream
Blackberry sorbet - Vanilla Ice Cream - Lemon Sorbet
Strawberry sorbet - Coffee ice cream - Coconut sorbet
Pistachio ice cream - Orange sorbet - Coffee ice cream
Chocolate ice cream - Lemon Sorbet - Strawberries Ice cream