- In a bowl, combine the chicken with the buttermilk. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggs in a second bowl and the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Drain the chicken strips and dredge in the flour mixture. Dip in the eggs and shake to remove any excess. Press in the panko to coat thoroughly.
- Freeze the chicken strips on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 4 hours or until the strips are frozen. Place the strips in sealable freezer plastic bags.
- In a non-stick skillet, brown the frozen chicken strips in the oil for about 3 minutes on each side over medium heat. Finish cooking in the middle of a 180 °C (350 °F) preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Serve with a dipping sauce (see recipe).
To reduce the fat content, you can bake the chicken fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 10 minutes on each side in the middle of a 180 °C (350 °F) preheated oven. However, the strips will not golden brown. No buttermilk? Even if the result will not be identical, you can replace it with 250 ml (1 cup) of milk combined with 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of white vinegar or lemon juice leave that mixture standing for about 10 minutes.