- Line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. With a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients, following with the pecans and the chocolate.
- With a 60 ml (1/4 cup) ice cream scoop, place balls of cookie dough, side by side, on the baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or until the dough balls are frozen. Place in sealable freezer plastic bags. They keep for about three months in the freezer.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place a maximum six cookie dough balls per sheet, spacing them evenly.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for about 15 minutes or until light golden brown. If the dough is not frozen, bake for about 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.