- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a large skillet, brown the roast in half the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with the vinegar. Add the honey and shallot. Coat the meat thoroughly.
- Add the broth and roast for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast reads 82 °C (180 °F). Add broth during cooking, if needed. Cover and let rest for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet, brown the apples and garlic in the oil. Season with salt. Pour the apples into the pan juices.
- Slice the roast and drizzle with the pan juices and apples. Serve with wilted spinach or steamed bok choy.