- Remove the bottom leaves of the artichoke until they appear yellowish or pale green at the base. Carefully rub the artichoke regularly with lemon juice throughout its preparation.
- With a sharp knife, cut the tip of the artichoke to about 1-cm (¼-inch) of the heart.
- Cut the stem to about 3-cm (1 ¼-incom) from the base of the artichoke. With a paring knife, peel the stem and the base of the artichoke.
- With the tip of a small knife, remove the purplish and tough leaves. Then, with a melon baller, remove the choke that is lining the heart of the artichoke. Thinly slice the artichoke heart. Set aside in lemon water, if needed.
- In a 20-cm (8-inch) non-stick skillet, brown the artichoke slices on both sides in the oil until tender and golden brown. Season with salt. Drain on paper towels.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, place the artichokes and add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Cook without stirring the pan until the omelet is golden brown and slightly wobbly on top.
- Gently flip the omelet flat on a plate. Serve with a slice of bread toasted in a skillet with olive oil.