- In a bowl, combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and molasses with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and mix well. At low speed or with a wooden spoon, add the dry ingredients until the dough is smooth.
- Shape the dough into two discs with your hands. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead a disc of dough with both hands for about 1 minute. Roll out the dough into a 3-mm (1/8-inch) thick sheet. Cut the cookies using the cookie cutter of your choice. Place cookies of the same size on the same baking sheet as the baking time may vary.
- Bake one sheet at a time for about 8 minutes or until the outline of the cookies is lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, gently beat the egg white and icing sugar with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Decorate your cookies with a pastry bag fitted with a small plain tip or with a knife.
This recipe is from My Lil’ Ricardo