- In a saucepan, bring water, syrup and sugar to a boil. Cook without stirring until the mixture turns an amber colour.
- Off the heat, gradually add cream and butter, stirring constantly. Beware of splattering. Bring to a boil and cook until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- On a baking sheet or plate, place bananas cut side up. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, pressing lightly to avoid lumps.
- With a culinary torch, caramelize the brown sugar.
- On four cold dessert plates, add scoops of ice cream. Drizzle with caramel. Top with bananas. Garnish with cherries. Serve immediately.