- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- On a 17 x 12-inch (43 x 30-cm) baking sheet, pour ½ cup (125 ml) of the oil. Press the dough onto the whole surface of the sheet, turning it a few times to coat with oil. Make small cavities in the dough with your fingertips. Let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the remaining oil.
- Spread the herbs and garlic on the risen dough. Cover with the tomatoes. Generously season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let rest for 10 minutes to allow the dough to absorb the oil. Cut and serve.
If desired, add halved bocconcini cheese or slices of mozzarella di bufala 2 minutes before the end of cooking.