- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth. At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with pineapple and rum.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
Coconut Milk Sauce
- In a saucepan, bring coconut milk and sugar to a boil. Reduce for about 10 minutes or until about 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) remain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until completely chilled.
- To serve, top each cake slice with coconut milk sauce.