- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar with a whisk. Sift in the flour and stir gently to combine. In a bowl, combine the eggs and almonds.
- Stir the egg mixture in the first mixture and combine with a wooden spoon.
- Gently knead for a few minutes to form a ball.
- Flatten the dough ball. Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for a few hours.
- Divide the dough into eight pieces. On a floured work surface, roll each piece into a 6 mm (1/4 inch) thick sheet with a rolling pin.
- Line eight 10 x 2.5 cm (4 x 1 inch) tart pans with the dough, slightly folding the dough inward around the edges. Cut off any excess dough. Place the pans in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up the dough. Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Place the pans on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
This recipe is from the Daniel Vezina’s book "«L'Atelier de Daniel Vézina - Mes classiques préférés».