- In a medium pot, brown the green onions and chorizo in the butter. Sprinkle with the flour and mix well. Deglaze with the wine and let reduce for 1 minute. Add the broth and let reduce over high heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Keep warm.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- With the tip of a knife, make deep incisions in the roast in several places. Insert the olive pieces into the incisions. Brush the meat with the garlic scapes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat of the grill to medium-high. Place the roast on the grill and brown on all sides. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre of the roast reads 118°F (48°C) for rare. Set aside on a plate. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the white bean and cherry tomato papillote (see recipe).
Depending on the thickness of the roast and the desired degree of doneness, the cooking time will vary. Use a meat thermometer for accuracy. In addition, depending on the part of the tenderloin you are using (the top of the tenderloin tends to be thicker than the centre), the cooking time could vary.