- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter a 33 x 23 cm (13 x 9-inch) baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until it triples in volume and make a ribbon when falling from the beaters. With a whisk, gently fold in the dry ingredients. Drizzle in the butter. Spoon the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. With toothpicks or bamboo skewers, make dozens of small holes in the cake.
- In a bowl, combine the milks. To soak the cake evenly, drizzle the milk mixture gradually over the cake, right out of the oven, starting at the centre. Allow the cake to absorb the liquid before adding more. Repeat to use all of the milk mixture. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until it forms stiff peaks. Spread over the cake. Garnish with the raspberries.