- In a saucepan, bring the beet juice and water to a boil. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or small sauté pan, soften the onion and garlic in 30 ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil over medium heat. Add the rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the rice with oil. Deglaze with the wine and continue cooking, stirring often, until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add about 250 ml (1 cup) of the hot beet juice mixture. Stir often until all the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat until all the beet juice mixture has been used.
- After about 20 minutes, the rice should be al dente. Add the cheese and stir until melted. Adjust the seasoning. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the fish on both sides in the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the lemon zest on top. Flake the fish with a fork.
- Spoon the risotto into 4 bowls. Top with the flaked fish and garnish with basil leaves.