- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- In a bowl of lightly salted boiling water, soak the noodles for about 5 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of hot water, soak one rice paper wrapper at a time for a few seconds. Remove from the water. Pat on a dry cloth and quickly place on a work surface.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom third of the rice paper wrapper. Top with 30 ml (2 tbsp) of rice vermicelli, 30 ml (2 tbps) of cucumber, 3 slices of avocado and 30 ml (2 tbsp) of crab meat. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 or 3 cilantro leaves. Fold both sides of the sheet towards the centre. Firmly roll to enclose the filling. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and continue with the remaining ingredients. Do not stack the rolls as they may stick together. The rolls can be stored for a few hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve the rolls with the hot sauce.