- On a work surface, cut the leeks in half lengthwise. Clean under running water and dry thoroughly. Transfer to a large plate or baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Brush the leeks with oil. Grill for about 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting with the dressing several times.
- In a large serving platter, arrange the grilled leeks. Top with the burrata and garnish with the sundried tomatoes and thyme leaves. Drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Burrata is a fresh cheese made from buffalo or cow's milk, found in some grocery stores. The outside resembles fresh mozzarella cheese, but when you open it, clotted cream fills the centre. You can substitute fresh mozzarella for the burrata in this recipe.