- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- With the tip of a knife, make several incisions in the flesh of the pumpkin. Place in a baking dish. Oil the pumpkin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted in the pumpkin comes out easily. Let cool.
- Cut the pumpkin in half. Remove the seeds. With a spoon, remove the flesh and place in the bowl of a small food processor. Purée until smooth.
- Season to taste, depending on the recipe. This is a good purée for sweet or savoury recipes.
You can use this purée in our pumpkin spice cake.