- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a large ovenproof skillet, brown the meat on each side in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Keep the fat in the skillet.
- In the same skillet, soften the onions. Deglaze with the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the broth and porcini. Bring to a boil. Return the meat to the skillet. Cover and roast in the oven for 2 hours and 30 minutes or until the meat is very tender. Add the cream, if desired.
- Meanwhile, in another large ovenproof skillet, brown the white mushrooms in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the parsnips in the remaining butter (2 tbsp / 30 ml). Roast, beside the meat, for about 45 minutes or until the parsnips is al dente, stirring a few times during cooking.
- Add the prosciuttini, mushrooms and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
"Prosciuttino"(Or plural “Prosciuttini") means in Italian "small prosciutto". This word denotes a salted, spiced and dried ham. Its taste and texture is reminiscent of both prosciutto and pancetta. It is found in some grocery stores and butcher shops, sliced or in pieces.