- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small skillet, brown the bacon in the oil until crisp. Drain the bacon on paper towel.
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, dates, nuts and parsley.
- On the baking sheet, place the shells. Fill with the bacon mixture. Spread half of the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Right out of the oven, top each shell with the remaining cheese.
- Serve with Port and Orange on Ice.
The Medjool date is a bigger and thicker variety, and is sweeter than the average date. We love it for its taste but also its soft texture.