- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the egg and water with a fork. Set the egg wash aside.
- In another bowl, gently toss the raspberries with the jam. Set aside.
- On a floured work surface roll out the puff pastry into two 10-inch (25 cm) squares (or use pre-rolled puff pastry). With a 2-inch (5 cm) cookie cutter, cut 32 discs of dough. With a round 1 1/2-inch (3 cm) cookie cutter, cut out and discard the centre of 16 of the discs to obtain dough rings.
- Place the 16 discs of dough on the prepared sheet, spacing them evenly. Brush with egg wash. Place a stick on each disc. Press lightly. Cover with the rings of dough. Brush the rings with egg wash.
- Spoon the raspberry filling in the centre of each lollipop, taking care to place a raspberry on each one. Sprinkle with coarse sugar, if desired. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 18 to 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let cool completely.
- These lollipops will keep for three to four days in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
You can replace the raspberry jam with the jam of your choice.