- In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and icing sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth. At low speed, stir in the dry ingredients. Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a disc with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry and line in a 9-inch (23 cm) in diameter and 1-inch (2.5 cm) deep tart pan with a removable bottom. Press firmly onto the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Remove any excess dough, if needed. Refrigerate while preparing the oatmeal frangipane.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter until it turns an amber colour. Carefully pour the browned butter through a fine sieve (see note). Beware of splattering. Let cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats and flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. At low speed, stir in the dry ingredients. Drizzle in the melted butter and vanilla. Pour into the crust. Arrange the pear wedges in a circle to form a rosette on top of the oat mixture.
- Place the tart on a baking sheet. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the topping is golden but still soft in the centre. Let cool. Freeze at this stage if desired. Serve warm or cold with maple syrup.
You should get about 2/3 cup (150 ml) of brown butter after cooking.