- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, and beat until smooth, about 30 seconds. With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients. The dough should be grainy.
- With your fingertips, press the dough into a 23-cm (9-inch) with a removable bottom pie plate. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170 °C (325 °F).
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil with the sugar and zest. Remove from the heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, blend the pumpkin purée, orange juice and eggs with a whisk. Gradually whisk in the warm cream. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour into the crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the custard becomes firm in the centre. Allow to cool. Refrigerate for about 4 hours. Serve cold.