- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- On a work surface, with a chef’s knife or kitchen shears, remove the chicken back bone and open it flat. Place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the salt over the chicken skin. With the cut side of the lemon, rub the outside salt-covered skin and the inside of the chicken. Let rest for 15 minutes. Brush the chicken with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with pepper.
- In a bowl, place the potatoes and garlic. Drizzle with the remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread around the chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Add the tomatoes. Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and a thermometer inserted into the thigh of the chicken without touching the bone, reads 180 °F (82 °C).
- Add the chorizo and cook under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until the chicken and chorizo are well roasted.
- Right out of the oven, drizzle the chicken and vegetables with the cooking juices. Serve with a green salad.