- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400 °F (200 °C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Spread the tomatoes over the prepared sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, or until the tomatoes begin to wilt. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the squash on all sides in the remaining oil (2 tbsp / 30 ml). Season with salt and pepper. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the broth to the squash mixture. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the pappardelle, stopping the cooking 1 minute before the time recommended on the package. Drain.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, parmesan and basil to the skillet with the squash. Toss well and cook for 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning.