- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a mandolin, thinly slice the beets into rounds and the carrots into ribbons. Place on the prepared sheet. Add the shallots and garlic. Drizzle with 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the olive oil and 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the honey. Season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to blacken, stirring them midway through cooking. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the beans, apricots, lime juice and chili powder with the remaining oil (1 tbsp/15 ml) and the remaining honey (1 tsp/5 ml).
- On a serving platter, arrange the bean mixture and the roasted vegetables.