- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a six-cup (1.5 litre) 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm) loaf pan and line it with a sheet of parchment paper, letting it hang over both sides.
- In a bowl, combine the two types of flour, bran, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- At low speed, stir in the dry ingredients until the mixture is just moistened. Spread the batter into the pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.