SUN-DRIED TOMATO MAYONNAISE
- In a large saucepan, cook the pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, cook the green beans or fiddleheads in boiling salted water until tender, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size. Rinse in cold running water. Drain. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the chorizo in the oil. Remove the chorizo and set aside the rendered fat separately.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice and garlic. Add the first third of the oil drop-by-drop, whisking constantly. When the emulsion begins to form, add the remaining oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients with the mayonnaise. Adjust the seasoning. Serve as a side dish for grilled meats or sandwiches. Perfect for picnics.