- In a saucepan of boiling water, blanch the onions for about 30 seconds. Rinse under cold water and drain well. Peel them, taking care to remove the translucent film under the skin.
- With the rack at the lowest position, preheat the oven to 190 ˚C (375 ˚F).
- Roll out the pastry and line a 25-cm (10-inch) pie plate with a removable bottom.
- In a skillet, sauté the onions in the oil, butter, honey and vinegar for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, egg and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into the pie crust.
- Scatter the onions over the cheese mixture.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.