- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside at room temperature (this salsa is best enjoyed at room temperature).
Scallops and Vegetables
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium-high. Oil the grate.
- Brush the vegetables with half of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Quickly grill the zucchini until softened, about 30 seconds on each side. Grill the asparagus for 2 minutes on each side. Place the vegetables on a large serving dish.
- Brush the scallops with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill the scallops for 2 minutes on each side or until the desired doneness (see note).
- Place the scallops over the vegetables. Top with the salsa.
Large scallops are perfect for grilling. If you have medium-sized scallops, thread them onto a skewer to make them easier to handle.
We prefer to cook scallops primarily on one side until nicely caramelized, then finish them off quickly on the second side until just lightly cooked at the centre.