- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and line a 17 x 12-inch (43 x 30 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a bowl, combine the cereal, oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, almond butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the apple, carrot and dry ingredients alternately with the milk, until the batter is just moistened. With a spatula, stir in the pecans and dates.
- Spread and lightly press the batter in an even layer into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.