- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds and cocoa powder. Add the maple syrup, canola oil and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Using a spatula, incorporate the egg white into the oats. Spread onto the baking sheet.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Let cool completely on the baking sheet. Add the chocolate.
- Transfer into jars. The granola will keep for 3 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature.
Avoid using quick oats, as they will produce a less crunchy granola.