- In a food processor, purée 2 cups (210 g) of the cranberries with the apple jelly, cranberry juice, cornstarch and five-spice powder until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey roast in the butter. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, brown the onions. Add butter, if needed. Add the cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the remaining whole cranberries (3/4 cup/80 g).
- Cover and cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
This recipe cannot be maintained on Warm.