- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth. With a wooden spoon, stir in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips.
- With a 2-tbsp (30 ml) ice cream scoop, shape the dough into balls. Refrigerate or freeze for 30 minutes.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place 8 balls per prepared sheet, spacing them out evenly. Freeze at this stage, if desired. Bake, one sheet at a time, for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheets.
Make sure the cookies are baked through, otherwise they may be too crumbly and fall apart.