- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread into 12 slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the oil. Bake for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the fava beans, 1 to 2 minutes for fresh or 3 minutes for frozen, until al dente. Cool in an ice bath and drain. Peel the fava beans. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining oil, the mint, celery, lemon juice and zest. Add the fava beans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta onto the toasted bread. Spoon the fava bean mixture onto the ricotta and top with the cheese shavings.