- Oil a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) rectangular baking pan and line with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpea flour and half of the broth (2 cups/500 ml) with a whisk.
- In a saucepan, bring the remaining broth (2 cups/500 ml) and the garlic to a boil. Drizzle in the chickpea mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Spoon into the pan and spread into an even layer. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until the mixture is firm to the touch.
- On a work surface, delicately unmould the chickpea mixture. Cut into 48 sticks (4 rows widthwise and 12 pieces lengthwise).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat ½ inch (1 cm) of oil to 325°F (165°C). Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- Fry about a quarter of the chickpea sticks at a time for 8 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, turning them halfway through cooking. Drain on the paper towels. Fry the remaining sticks.
- Sprinkle with fleur de sel, to taste, and serve as an hors d’oeuvre.