Garlic Cream Sauce
- In a small pot, bring all the ingredients to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the garlic is tender. In a blender, purée until smooth, then strain. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Surf and Turf
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- On a large baking sheet, lightly oil all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, with the exception of the sausages.
- Grill the sausages for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Cut into pieces and keep warm. Grill the quail for 3 minutes on each side or until medium doneness. Cut into 4 pieces and keep warm. Grill the squid and crayfish for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Slice the squid into rings and keep warm.
- Grill the vegetables until tender and golden brown.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the sausage pieces, quail, squid, crayfish and vegetables. Drizzle with half of the herb oil. Serve with the garlic cream and the remaining herb oil on the side.
Partially deboned and butterflied quail can be found in some grocery stores (look in the frozen foods section), or ask your butcher.