- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the garlic in the oil for 2 minutes. Add the strained tomatoes and basil sprig. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm. Remove the basil.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, blanch the spinach for 1 minute. With a slotted spoon, remove the spinach and place in a strainer. Press to remove any excess liquid. On a work surface, chop the spinach.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta, Parmesan and spices. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- In the same pot used for the spinach, cook the pasta for 2 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Dry the pasta on a clean cloth. On a work surface, cut each noodle in half to make 6 x 4 1/2-inch (15 x 11.5 cm) rectangles. Spoon about cup of the ricotta mixture onto each noodle and roll.
- Spoon one-third of the rosé sauce into a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) baking dish. Place the cannelloni side by side, seam side down, and cover with the remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes or until heated through.