- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the carrot with the rice vinegar, sugar and salt. Let marinate for 15 minutes. Add the duck confit, hoisin sauce and sambal oelek.
- Soak the green onion in a small bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, cut each wonton wrapper in four to obtain 24 small squares.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2 inch (1 cm) of vegetable oil. Fry several wonton squares at a time for a few seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Drain and set aside on paper towels.
- Place the wonton chips on the prepared sheet. Top with the duck mixture and reheat in the oven for 5 minutes. Garnish with the green onion and, if desired, sesame seeds.