- In a saucepan over high heat, reduce the white wine by half. Add the broth, cream and garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set the sauce aside.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, brown the potatoes in 2 tbsp of the butter. Set aside on a plate and keep warm.
- In a bowl, rehydrate the dried seaweed in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
- In the same skillet, brown the halibut in the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the fish and potatoes in shallow dishes. Using an immersion blender in a plunging motion, froth the sauce and spoon onto the fish. Garnish with the shrimp, smoked salmon, seaweed and fennel fronds.