- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, soften the onion and garlic in 2 tbsp of the butter. Stir in the spice mix and continue cooking for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the flour and cook for another minute, stirring constantly. Add the broth and bring to a boil while continuing to stir. Add the turkey, almond slices, apricots and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave.
- On a work surface, brush 2 pastry sheets with butter and layer them to form a star. Place an eighth of the turkey mixture into the centre of the star. Wrap the pastry around the filling, creating a small, round pie. Set aside on a plate, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, brown the pastillas in the remaining melted butter for 3 minutes on each side. Add more butter, if needed. Place on a serving platter and dust with icing sugar and a pinch of cinnamon. Serve immediately.
Spring roll pastry can be found in most Asian grocery stores, while brik pastry is sold in most Middle Eastern grocery stores.