Ice Cream Terrine
- In a small bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt using a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour. Shape into a disc, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Lightly oil a 10 x 4-inch (25 x 10 cm), 6-cup (1.5 litre) loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and melt in the microwave, about 1 minute. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- Using a 3-tbsp (45 ml) ice cream scoop, shape 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 5 of chocolate ice cream. Place on a parchment-lined plate in the freezer while preparing the ice cream terrine.
- Still using the ice cream scoop, alternate 5 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 5 of chocolate ice cream over the bottom of the frozen pan. Slightly flatten the surface with a fork. Crumble ¼ of the cookie dough and ¼ of the pecans over the surface. Drizzle with ¼ of the chocolate crisp. Repeat the sequence twice. Garnish with the reserved scoops of ice cream and top with the remaining cookie dough, pecans, chocolate crisp and chocolate chips. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm.
- When ready to serve, quickly dip the bottom of the pan in warm water for easy unmoulding. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
The refined coconut oil can be replaced by the same quantity of butter, but it will produce a less crispy texture.