- In a small bowl, mix the ricotta and parsley together. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the eggplant in 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the oil until golden, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown the sausage in the remaining oil, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add the eggplant, peppers, broth and tomato paste. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes, stirring to coat with the sauce. Adjust the seasoning. Remove from the heat.
- Using two spoons, shape the ricotta mixture into 6 dollops and place on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.