- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. Add the butter. With a pastry blender or two table knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Add the zest, lemon juice and cream and stir briefly to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into a 15-cm (6-inch) square. Cut into 4 squares and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 18 minutes. Let cool. Cut the biscuits in half horizontally.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with half the sugar. Let macerate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, whip the cream, the remaining sugar and the vanilla extract.
- For each serving, place the bottom half of a biscuit on a plate. Top with strawberries, some of the strawberry juice, whipped cream and the top half of the biscuit. Garnish with whipped cream. Serve immediately.