- In a small pot, bring the broth to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the dried mushrooms and let sit for 15 minutes to rehydrate. Drain and reserve the broth and mushrooms separately.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin from the chicken. With a knife, separate the thighs from the drumsticks.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the chicken in the oil on both sides. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a bowl. Deglaze the Dutch oven with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the reserved broth, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Pour over the chicken.
- In the same Dutch oven over medium-high heat, brown the fresh mushrooms in the butter. Add the rehydrated mushrooms, onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the flour and toss to coat well. Deglaze with the wine and let reduce by half, stirring with a whisk. Add the remaining broth, the tomato and chicken. Bring to a boil. Let simmer over low heat, covered, for 1 hour.
- Remove the lid and let the sauce reduce for 5 minutes or until it coats the back of a spoon. Adjust the seasoning. Add the tarragon and serve with buttered noodles, if desired.