- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as the water boils, cover the saucepan and remove from the heat. Let stand off the heat for 12 minutes. Drain and plunge the eggs into very cold water to stop the cooking. Peel and dice the eggs. Set aside.
- In a skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels, reserving the fat in the skillet. Let the bacon cool.
- In the same skillet, brown the diced bread in the bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper. Drain the croutons on paper towels and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and mustard. Add the eggs and celery, and half the bacon, croutons and chives. Adjust the seasoning. Spoon the mixture into the endive leaves. Garnish with the remaining bacon, croutons and chives.
- Serve the stuffed endives cold or at room temperature.