- In a pot, bring salted water to a simmer and add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the vinegar. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a small ramekin. Slide them into the water one at a time. Poach for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the desired doneness. The yolks should be runny and the whites cooked through but still soft. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, cover the red onion with the remaining vinegar and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, toast the bread cubes in the butter, tossing them until golden on all sides. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Drain and add to the bread, tossing to combine, along with the lettuce and endive.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Drain the onion, adding the vinegar to the dressing and the onion to the salad.
- Arrange the salad on plates. Top with the poached eggs and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the dressing.