- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In an 11-inch (28 cm) ovenproof non-stick skillet, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for 5 minutes. Turn the slices over and arrange them so they are slightly overlapping. There may still be liquid at the bottom of the skillet, but it will be absorbed as the pudding cooks. Set aside while you prepare the frangipane.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, ground almonds, brown sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread the frangipane between the bread slices with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes or just until the bread pudding is cooked through and golden. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.